I'm in love with the men of Old Hollywood. I like to imagine I was the wife of Henry Fonda in another life. I also love Gary Cooper, Joel McCrea, Tyrone Power, John Wayne, Robert Taylor, and Clark Gable.
A Little about me: I'm a registered nurse born and raised in Arkansas. I am of Irish and English descent and embrace my family's heritage. I love my home state of Arkansas as well as the South in general. I will post a lot about the South, about Ireland, mountains, and the beach, my favorite places on earth.
I make gifs and headers, so feel free to inbox me anytime with request. Cheers!
Bumping up the lights, 1967.
Julie Andrews and Carol Burnett
Robert Preston and Carol Burnett pose in a publicity shot promoting An Evening with Carol Burnett, 1963.
Happy Nurses Week!
This is the week dedicated to all the men and women who work so hard to ensure every patient has the best medical experience possible. We are more than just nurses. We are secretaries, janitors, counselors, teachers, writers, readers,listeners, and…
» Back to Belleville: A Pilgrimage to Carol Burnett's (and My own) Roots
A Review of Carol Burnett’s latest writing endeavor, and it’s unique connection to me. That may seem a little strange to read. Â ”Why would someone makeÂ thatÂ particular pilgrimage?” Â Well, the answe…
Reposting a link to my blog entry about my trip to Belleville, Arkansas for thekidinthecorneroftheroom. Enjoy!
It's scary about the snow in Arkansas. But that's why the most accurate term isn't Global Warning, it's Climate Change....
You’re right! I’ve never been a fan of the term “Global Warming.” If you just study history, you will see that there has always been natural fluctuations in weather patterns. There have always been periods unnaturally cold temperatures and unnaturally warm temperatures. This is just how Earth’s climate is! Ever-changing and unpredictable!
So, let’s discuss this week’s events…
enjoyingbeing a “professional bum” (a.k.a. medically forced unemployment)
- Visiting my parents for a while. Due to their sympathy for my situation, I’m practically being waited on hand and foot. Not my goal in staying with them for a few days, but nice nonetheless.
- Learned my dog snores like a middle-aged, overweight man.
- Learned narcotic painkillers that are supposed to make you sleepy have the opposite effect on me—insomnia anyone?
- It snowed in May. In Arkansas. For the first time since at least 1819 (when Arkansas weather first started being recorded), most likely longer than that.
- This means it snowed on many college students’ first day of summer vacation. This is a science fiction kind of freaky, people.
- In a month when temperatures usually range between 80-90 degrees (F) it’s been in the 50s with lows in the 30s. BIZARRE.
- Global Warming my ass…
Barbara Stanwyck and Theresa Harris in Baby Face (1933).